Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Excessively Long Post

I've been putting this off. It's only been a week, but I have a lot to share. So here it is: The excessively long post. Some of my friends, when covering a large amount of time, just do multiple posts on one day to get caught up. Not me. This is it. Get comfy.


It snowed! In El Paso! It was rainy, and cold enough and the raindrops turned into snow. Aaron saw like an inch at the hospital. I was thrilled! Two days later it had melted, but it was very exciting for one afternoon.Alex trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue. Silly Al - she couldn't even see them!
Last week, December 12th was Audrey's First birthday. One year ago, my beautiful third child was born - our Christmas baby. She was tinier than my other children - by a full pound - and a red-head from the start.
Now, she is one! She can walk several steps before gingerly sitting down. She loves to eat noodles (no surprise!), ice cream, and almost anything she can find on the floor. She can say, "up," "good," "bath," "Mama," "Dada," and "baba" (for her bottle). She can wrestle with her brother and sister, and hold her own. She has enough attitude for three children. We love our Auger-dodgers so much!
With her birthday cake.
Covered in said cake.

Daddy got her balloons for her birthday. He got the blue ones because of her brother and sister (who recently has a strong affinity for blue). She loved them!

The swing set is a GREAT present - not only for our kids, but the preschool kids as well. They love it, even if Alex hogs the swings.

Gave Audrey spaghetti noodles for dinner on Tuesday night. She ate a bunch, and then decided they needed to be on her head. Classic.
Wednesday night, Ben had a performance at school. They sang "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" and "Frosty the Snowman." My dear son was right in his element with a top hat and cane. That's him in the back row, dancing with the girl in the white dress. Totally cute.

On Wednesday, at preschool, we did a performance for the mommies and daddies. We sang 4 songs and did a performance of the Nativity. It went well. Then, on Thursday, I took them (Heidi - you will be proud of me!) to a local assisted living center, where they sang for the grandmas and grandpas. Although the residents were mostly asleep when the kids performed, they did wake up to receive the foamy snowman pictures the kids made. It was nice, and I think that they might have actually learned something!

All my silly kiddos at the Assisted Living Center.
It's been a busy time here, but it's finally slowing down. Christmas is almost set, and we're ready to go. Thanks for making it all the way to the end. :)

2 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Good Job! I love that Audrey is such a big girl now- and the spaghetti- I haven't tried that with Jenna. I really like Alex's coat. Ask her if I can borrow it.

Heidi said...

"Don't worry Mary, I will take care of you." Where is little Brooke by now?

WOW! Way to go and get them out to the gmas! Great teaching:)

Yay for noodle-heads! Awesome cake! Happy b-day!