Sometimes, while doing dishes, I think of how nice of me would it be to write a thank you note to the sweet friend who came over to watch the kids so the husband and I could escape an otherwise crummy day of a birthday - 7 weeks ago.
.
Sometimes, while tossing the laundry from the washer to the dryer, I think about how blessed I am to have good Primary teachers for my children, and that I should let them know how grateful I am.
.
Sometimes, I notice the one thing 'out-of-date' on a visiting teaching flier, and have to take an extra minute to remind myself that someone took time to magnify their calling of visiting teaching supervisor, and wanted to encourage me.
.
Sometimes, I forget to notice the sweet words of the Primary program because I am looking at the clock and freaking out that I have to keep 7 four-year olds quiet for another 2 1/2 pages.
.
Sometimes, while in the shower, I think about a far-away friend and her birthday, and how I want to make a card - something sentimental - and really let her know I think that she is so cool. And then I forget and hope that a Facebook message will suffice for a while.
.
Sometimes, my kids go to bed without a story.
.
Sometimes, I buy fabric for REALLY cute baby blankets. And then, when the child is turning 2 in December, I think about getting more fabric to make a bigger blanket out of the same material because she still needs a blanket, right? Hmmm.
.
Obviously, I am not perfect.
The Right Path...
9 years ago



3 comments:
Oh you are awesome and human and that's why I love you! Yours was the first FB message and a truly heart felt one at that. It meant a lot to me. Shellie Bryce once let me know that it's o.k. to not be perfect when I brought her banana bread that came only in plastic wrap with no cute tag or bow. It's hard to fit it all in!
Lovely post. Thanks for the conversation the other night as the things I hadn't gotten around had totally knocked me out of the loop!:)
Oh but you have a thankful heart!
I am glad you aren't perfect.. I love ya just the way you are! Plus, it makes me feel better about not being perfect, to know that other people are just "as not perfect" as I am :)
Post a Comment