I haven't had too many things for ten years.
The clothes I wore 10 years ago don't fit.
The shoes I wore 10 years ago are out of date.
I've gotten rid of most silly, childish trinkets I had 10 years ago.
But 10 years ago, I picked up this goofy guy. A newly returned missionary, with big hopes and dreams.
And we fell hopelessly in love.
10 years ago, we got married.
Since then, we have achieved a few degrees, 3 darling children, a few pounds, a few wrinkles...
.
And last week, he took me to the Bahamas...
.
It was heavenly.
10 years ago, I thought I knew what loving someone was like. I thought I knew how amazing and blissful and excited and wonderful marriage was going to be. After 10 years, I have a much deeper understanding that love is more than that. My husband is one of my greatest blessings.



4 comments:
love you both and glad you had a fun vacation- happy 10 year anniversary! wanna watch my kiddo's in 6.5 years so i can copy you?? :)
so glad you had a great time! every couple needs time away from kids. isn't it nice when you can eat a meal without have to cut something for someone other than yourself? congratulations on your first 10 years!
happy anniversary!!
jealous, I want to go to the Bahamas! Glad you had fun, can't wait to see the rest of the pictures :)
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment