Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I think I need a bigger plate...

Mine is too full.
Right now, I am still doing preschool, and trying to be patient while waiting for Aaron's bosses to decide when/where we get to go for the 3rd year Pediatric Orthopedic rotation. I don't do patient well.
.
I've built this great business - and I have mommies asking about next year already. It's really stressing me out.
.
Aaron went back to the downtown hospital - back to 80 -90 hour weeks, back to not coming home when he is on call. This is day 6 - of the next 3 months. We already know he is missing Ben's 2nd grade PTA concert. That's crummy. He was on call last night. I finally got to sleep just before 2 am.
.
I am serving at church as the Laurel advisor - which I am loving. I have also been called to help with our stake's pioneer trek. I am in charge of the activities for 150 kids. It is going to be incredible, but I am a little overwhelmed. I know that I just need some time to sit and process each step. It's a lot, and I just haven't been able to dive into it.
.
Aaron and I have projects that we need to work on/through. Nothing too hard, but we need to sit down and take care of it. And new things keep coming up that cost just a little more. I was hoping to use our tax refund and demolish our credit card bill. I just don't know if that's going to be possible. Another little frustration.
.
I'm complaining.
Sorry.
I have wonderful blessings - let me tell you about some of them...
1. I have wonderful children. Ben's teacher adores him and is so pleased with his progress. He wrote this awesome essay about our spring break with detail and good structure. It was incredible.
2. Audrey has been getting ear infections, and kind of in a whirlwind - she got tubes in her ears. Everything went well, no complications, and she hasn't been complaining about her ears. It happened so fast that I didn't really have time to worry.
3. We got to take a weekend and go to the temple in Albuquerque. It was really nice to escape. A night in a hotel (with an indoor pool!), a visit to the temple, Red Robin for lunch (there's not one in El Paso), and a cool aquarium. It was a relief, and it brought a lot of peace to moments of chaos.
4. Again with the whirlwind trips, we packed everyone up and went to Phoenix for Easter weekend. I was SO GLAD to visit with my family - I wish it was longer - alas. Ben, Al, and Aud were excited to meet their new baby cousin, Ammon Jacob. Jenna, Rose, and my kiddos hunted Easter eggs in mom's backyard. We had fun, despite the 14 hours of driving and the flat tire.
5. I have a wonderful husband who loves me, supports our family willingly, and is an amazing man.
6. We are healthy, and, for the most part (we DO live in El Paso), we are safe.
7. I am grateful that in this time of difficulty and violence, I have a knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan for us. I know my Savior lives, and that he suffered and died for me. I am grateful for the healing power of the Atonement.
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

5 comments:

Mommie Babekah said...

Stay positive, that's about all you can do.

Heidi said...

Made me laugh that you don't "do" patient:) it all works out in the end. didn't know about the flat. did you change it? you rock!
This too shall pass and the 80hr work weeks will be over before you know it. One day at time. I hope you are hanging in there! Hugs!

Sandi and Curtis said...

Ditto on the previous comments.
Will you guys be in The Gila Valley Temple district??

If you weren't so busy, you'd be bored! So just thank Heaven Father for these blessings!

Sarah said...

No, we are still in the Cuidad Juarez district, but recently, because of the violence, our youth were given permission to go to Albuquerque. And we are going to be in SLC February 2011 for 4 months. :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.