This weekend, we took off for Phoenix. We left El Paso around 2, at maybe 90 degrees, and pulled into Phoenix at 9:30 pm and 100 degrees. YUCK! I don't miss that heat!
We got to go to the temple on Saturday morning, and ducked inside IKEA for a few minutes. It was busier than I have ever seen it! However, in the As-is section, they had my set of dishes that I love - minus one small plate and $5 off. Sweet.
When we got back to my mom's house, my amiga Emily came over and my sisters and I got our hair done. The kids and the dads swam happily for 2 hours! Then, Aaron and I went out for my birthday dinner a few days early - at Morton's Steakhouse. Absolutely delicious!
It was nice to hang out and talk and relax - without the pressures of El Paso life around us. No thoughts of work, or laundry, or anything normal.
Blissful.
:)
The Right Path...
9 years ago



1 comment:
minus the heat sounds like you had a great weekend! fun to start celebrating the b-day early;) I will be finger painting in your honor at preschool tomorrow. i shall use purple and draw you an alternative lady bug...I hope you have a great day and that you will forgive a frazzled friend for not putting a card in the mail. sending much love and hugs!
Post a Comment