Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sam


This darling, adorable little boy is the love of my life.
And while he is so sweet and loveable, he has his bad side.
He stinks.
And not just a little. This boy smells BAD.
I have heard that breastfed babies can go for days without pooping. The max we've let Sam go is 7 days. The doctor says it's fine as long as the consistancy is still soft. (I know, TMI.)
For the several days before he FINALLY goes, this kid has the WORST gas I have ever smelled. (And seriously - I've smelled some BAD gas!) It's embarrassing. It makes our eyes water. There is gagging and evacuating.
I know that everyone reading this is saying, "He's just a little baby - how bad can it really be?" But even Audrey, who is typically oblivious to everything Sam, will pipe up with, "Oooo, Sammy stinks, mom!"
So that's the honest truth. My practically perfect baby's flaw.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I. know. exactly. what. you. mean. Melany has the same issue (the still soft poo part and everything). In fact I just took her to the dr recently and they suggested I give her prune/ apple juice to help it be more frequently, She won't drink it so she just stink a lot... people think it is me and am blaming the baby. It is SO bad. Good thing they are CUTE!

Heather said...

he he. but yes, so cute! that's a great pic too :)