We are LOVING being in Salt Lake City.
We have 5 weeks to go, and are already a little sad. There is just so much to do and see - and we've barely scratched the surface.
But it will be nice to head home. I'm excited to get back to my house, my big ward, my friends, and my dog! (Weird, huh?)
So here is a short list about what I will NOT miss about being in an apartment with the whole family.
1. I will not miss having to tell the kids to have quiet feet. The people below us are wonderful, sweet members of our ward, and I will not miss apologizing to them on a regular basis for all of our noise.
2. I will not miss having all the kids' clothes in plastic totes. They are jumbled up and wrinkly and they can never find their socks. I am grateful for dressers.
3. I will not miss 19 degree mornings for taking the kids to school. Never ever.
4. I will not miss the louder-than-jet-engine bathroom fans that come on EVERY time the light is on.
5. I will not miss the ever-changing water temperatures of the shower. Thank goodness for cat-like reflexes.
6. I will not miss the rhinos who live upstairs.
7. I will not miss apartment plumbing. 'Nuff said.
8. I will not miss the electric stove. I have happily been converted to gas, and adapting back has been difficult.
9. I will not miss the glass dining room table. Not only do you have to clean the table, but you have to clean under the table too!!!
10. I will not miss yelling at the kids to stop talking after bedtime.
The list of what I WILL miss is long.
I will miss daffodils,
the temple being 5 minutes away,
the awesome city libraries,
walking to get places,
close neighbors,
bagels after church,
historical buildings,
museums,
art galleries,
the children's museum,
events like concerts and plays,
fantastic restaurants,
snow on the mountains,
tulips,
green grass,
historical monuments,
kind people who live below us,
my husband coming home at a decent hour almost every day,
the great ward who loves my kids,
cleaning the whole house in like an hour,
carrying the laundry a total of 20 steps to the washer,
my husband coming home happy because he really enjoys what he is doing and the people he works with,
my kids talking and giggling after bedtime,
fewer clothes to wash,
pretty houses,
having someone to fix all the little problems with my home at no cost to me,
parks and recreation,
Heidi and her family,
exposing my kids to church history and the resulting discussions,
and the whole feel of a big city. It's nice.
In about 5 weeks, this will all seem like a dream...
The Right Path...
9 years ago



3 comments:
So glad you are all enjoying your time in SLC. I hope it doesn't go by too fast...but just fast enough :)
sounds like you are having a wonderful time!! have you been to the salt lake cemetery yet? you can go to the office and get a map of where all the prophets and notable people in church history are buried within the cemetery and visit all their graves. it's a fun thing to do.
The cemetery is just down the street from Shriner's Hospital, where Aaron is working. It's pretty cool! :)
Post a Comment