... to me!
I am talking in church later today, and I just finished writing my talk. I was asked to speak on Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ.
"A few days ago, ... called and asked me to talk about Mary, the mother of our Savior. It hasn’t been an easy week. I have a handsome 6 year old son who is going to be in his first play next weekend. I have a beautiful and very demanding almost 3 year old daughter. I also have a 5 month old daughter, who smiles and coos, and rolls happily, along the floor. However, in this week, the best moments I have had to prepare for this talk were in the middle of the night, as I was awake with my baby. And as I looked at her angelic, almost asleep face, I was reflecting on Mary, and examining my own choices as a mother.
"...why do we look to Mary as an example on Mother’s day? There is no step by step guide on child-rearing here. In some ways, my thoughts are, “Hey, she must have had it easy! After all, her child was perfect!” But although I am an imperfect mother, raising imperfect children in an imperfect world, Mary’s example still applies. I look to Mary, and realized that my sweet children, as well as all of yours, are literally, children of God. Second, I am given witnesses in their questions and those teaching moments, that their Heavenly Father has great plans for each and every one of them. I know has reserved them for these latter-days for a reason. Lastly, I know that if I am willing to live my life by seeking the will of God, I will find answers and strength, not only in dealing with difficulties in my children, but in dealing with difficulties in life!
" I am grateful that I have the opportunity to be a mother in these latter-days. I am so blessed to have these spirits to care for. I am grateful for the example of my mother in her devotion to her children."Have a wonderful Mother's day!
The Right Path...
9 years ago



1 comment:
good good! yeah, he loves us and trusts us way too much with these super sweet spirits--- no pressure though, right?!!
Post a Comment