Thursday, June 19, 2008

Living at a hotel

We have been having fun, but it is getting to be close quarters. Our day starts at around 8:30 am, thanks to the blackout curtains in the room. We watch Playhouse Disney and Nickelodeon until 11 am, with breakfast somewhere in between. Then, we clean up the room so housekeeping can come in - I know that sounds weird. Lunch time. Around 1 pm is when the "Mom, what can we do?" alarm is sounded. Sometimes, we go to the PX (Post Exchange - a shopping center) and look around. Sometimes, we go to the front desk and borrow a movie. Sometimes, we have art time. Othertimes, I convince them that playing with their backpack full of toys is fun. Around 4:30 or 5, dad comes back to the room. Then, we can go swimming, or run some errands. Dinner. Back to the room by 7:30 for showers. We play Wii or watch food network/HGTV until around 9, when our little angels drift off to sleep.

The bottom line is ... we all want to be in our own house,
with our own beds and our own stuff,
with real food to eat - not just microwave stuff, or fast food.

5 comments:

The McLemore's said...

my poor little Alle-gator is SOOO bored. her face just kills me! I love those kids soooo much!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Love the photo- it fits perfectly

Anonymous said...

Are you still set to move in on the 26th? Not too much longer. We can't wait to come and visit an return jenie to her family.

Stacy said...

Hi Sarah. Through a little blog surfing poof wallah I found your blog. I am glad to see you are safely in El Paso. I hope you get out of the hotel soon.

:o)
Stacy used to be Reeves

and FYI... when we talked right after your baby was born you asked about my sister... Steph is linked on my blog.

Me said...

What a cutie she is...
Man I know what you are talking about...even with the house though it is hard to entertain all the kids during summer break! Can't wait for school to start! (-=