Aaron has been at work for 3 whole days now. There are 4 1st year Orthopedic Surgery interns. Kevin is married to Emily (she does hair!); they have 2 little boys: Luke (almost 3) and Blake (5 mths). Paul is getting married to Kate in August, they are from New York. Dimetri is originally from Sri Lanka, but grew up in the Houston area, and went to Rice U. Single. We got together tonight, along with some of the "transitional 1st year" interns.
Kevin was funny, he pulled out the digital video camera and was like,
"Okay guys, this was our first get together! We'll look at this again in 5 years
to see how much everyone has changed!"
It was nice, but a little weird to think that these people have come from similar situations that we have, and are headed in the same direction. It will be neat to see how much we will grow in 5 years. After all, Ben will be 11 then, Alex will be 8, and Audrey will be 5 1/2. It seems so far away, but so did the 4 years of medical school. Deep thoughts.On a separate note, after a week, Alex and Ben are finally missing their friends and family. We went to the base, and got the kids some crayola art stuff - all in a little backpack. I thought it looked familar when we bought it. It wasn't until we got to the hotel that Alex said, "I love this backpack! It's just like Malia's!!!" She wore it for about an hour after that. Ben asked yesterday when we were going back to grandma's to go swimming. I guess the powerful hold of Disney channel and Nickelodeon is only worth one week of distraction. Luckily, we have church tomorrow, and the kids will get to meet other kids in our ward.
I am praying for a good ward - with lots of kids that will be good friends for my kids.



1 comment:
I don't want to be mean, but I am so thankful that it has only been a week and they already miss us.... I wish it would have only been like 3days before I heard that. By any chance was my name brought up as a specific person that was missed???? i sure hope Ben misses me the way I miss him. I'm thinking 4th of July in El Paso.... will you have your house by then?
Post a Comment