When we arrived in El Paso last July, we were surprised to find that several of the other interns had 5-6 mth old babies, too! So, on Jan 31, we had a group b-day party for 4 one-year olds - (left to right) Alana, Audrey, Aubrey, and Blake. When it was cake time, we stripped them down to enjoy their own cupcake.
Of course, post-cupcake, they were all in need of a bath. They loved it, and all smelled lovely after. Does anyone else love Baby Magic lotion?
On Feb. 6th, we had Ben's birthday party. Remember how I was complaining about no liscensed merchandise? Well, I happened to be looking for a cheaper pinata, and found a FANTASTIC party store. They had lots of Ben 10 stuff! I got balloons in black and lime green, a birthday banner, and some toy wristbands for goodie bags. But I needed a game... how about pin the "Omnitrix" on Ben's arm? I gridded Ben out onto posterboard, and here he is. Post-party, Ben is now hanging in Ben's room.
Pinatas are cool, and we've never done one before. (Ok - we've hit, but never hosted with one!) I wasn't prepared for the level of excitement at the falling candy. It was already dark, but not too cold, so I gave the kids glo-stick bracelets while they were outside. They instantly were a hit as they magically transformed into light sabers. Cool. Check out Luke's face. :)
Ben with his cake and friends. Pretty fun. He's seven.
Even Blake got some candy. Silly baby boy with a blue tongue.
On Tuesday, it snowed! During preschool! There were big fluffy snowflakes falling that melted as soon as they hit the ground. I took the kids outside for them to see the snow for a minute. By the time their mommies came, the snow was long gone and it warmed up later that day. It was a magical moment!
This weekend, we were invited to the WBAMC Intern retreat. We got a free night in a hotel in Las Cruces, NM - about 35 minutes from our house - fed 3 meals, and got childcare for a portion of the time. It was fun to hang out with our friends, and the kids had a blast. It got done a little early on Sunday, so we headed a little bit north to Elephant Butte Lake. Aaron has read about it for a while and is excited to go fishing there sometime when he is not so busy. (As if...) It was a fun little detour.
Of course, Audrey wanted to touch. Aaron was accommodating.
On this Sunday, I am giving a shout out to my dear 7 year old. We were at Elephant Butte Lake around noon, and the kids were getting hungry. It was an hour drive home. Ben instantly piped up with, "We should go home so we can make some food, dad. We don't go to restuarants on Sunday. I can wait until we get home." I'm glad that he realizes that keeping the Sabbath day holy is important - even if we aren't at church.
Of course, post-cupcake, they were all in need of a bath. They loved it, and all smelled lovely after. Does anyone else love Baby Magic lotion?
On Feb. 6th, we had Ben's birthday party. Remember how I was complaining about no liscensed merchandise? Well, I happened to be looking for a cheaper pinata, and found a FANTASTIC party store. They had lots of Ben 10 stuff! I got balloons in black and lime green, a birthday banner, and some toy wristbands for goodie bags. But I needed a game... how about pin the "Omnitrix" on Ben's arm? I gridded Ben out onto posterboard, and here he is. Post-party, Ben is now hanging in Ben's room.
Pinatas are cool, and we've never done one before. (Ok - we've hit, but never hosted with one!) I wasn't prepared for the level of excitement at the falling candy. It was already dark, but not too cold, so I gave the kids glo-stick bracelets while they were outside. They instantly were a hit as they magically transformed into light sabers. Cool. Check out Luke's face. :)
Ben with his cake and friends. Pretty fun. He's seven.
Even Blake got some candy. Silly baby boy with a blue tongue.
On Tuesday, it snowed! During preschool! There were big fluffy snowflakes falling that melted as soon as they hit the ground. I took the kids outside for them to see the snow for a minute. By the time their mommies came, the snow was long gone and it warmed up later that day. It was a magical moment!
This weekend, we were invited to the WBAMC Intern retreat. We got a free night in a hotel in Las Cruces, NM - about 35 minutes from our house - fed 3 meals, and got childcare for a portion of the time. It was fun to hang out with our friends, and the kids had a blast. It got done a little early on Sunday, so we headed a little bit north to Elephant Butte Lake. Aaron has read about it for a while and is excited to go fishing there sometime when he is not so busy. (As if...) It was a fun little detour.
Of course, Audrey wanted to touch. Aaron was accommodating.
On this Sunday, I am giving a shout out to my dear 7 year old. We were at Elephant Butte Lake around noon, and the kids were getting hungry. It was an hour drive home. Ben instantly piped up with, "We should go home so we can make some food, dad. We don't go to restuarants on Sunday. I can wait until we get home." I'm glad that he realizes that keeping the Sabbath day holy is important - even if we aren't at church.



3 comments:
remember that during his baby blessing, aaron blessed him to help his mom and dad make good choices (or something like that)? you should be very pleased that you, along with countless primary teachers, have taught him right.
the other day, brooke and i went out to lunch with our broad of 5 scott kids. we sat down to eat and jenna and ella both folded their arms for the prayer, regardless that we were in a quizno's surrounded by tons of people during the lunch time rush. i quickly helped them pray-- but was very glad that they reminded me of what we need to be doing. :)
I love Ben he is such a good boy! I am so proud that he is willing to keep the sabbath day holy!What a great kid!
Sounds like lots of birthday fun. I love the bathtub shot! I bet the kids loved the snow. I wish we could have just one day of fun snow!
Post a Comment