Friday, July 3, 2009

Wicked


Tonight, my parents took me out to Wicked. I had seen it with Aaron several years ago, but the thought of going again - well, it didn't take a second thought. The bonus of the night was that Gammage has lots of stairs - and no elevator. My mom's knees and stairs don't get along well, so she got handicapped tickets that landed us in the front row!

HOLY COW!!!

I haven't EVER sat in the orchestra at a Broadway musical, much less the front row. It was amazing. I could see the details on their costumes, the expressions on their faces - all of them at the same time! We were astounded about the speed of their costume changes, the fluidity of the scene changes, the orchestra right at our feet - it was an awesome night and I was in heaven.

I was a theatre teacher for 6 years, and I miss being able to use that part of me. It was fun to explain some of the ins and outs of theatre stuff. Thanks mom and dad, you're awesome.

Then, to top it all off - There is a new Dunkin Donuts on 99th ave and Thomas! What a great night!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

FUN! I go at the end of the month and although my tickets won't be quite so awesome, I can't wait to see the show !!!! Glad you had fun!

Mommie Babekah said...

Glad you had fun and awesome seats.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

lucky!

Sandi and Curtis said...

Curtis and I are seeing this for the first time on Sat, July 18th. Can't wait!

Heidi said...

I would love to see the show. I have decided to start taking Katelynn to plays when James comes home. Kind of a mommy daughter night out. Sounds like so much fun.

Heidi said...

Fun night! I'm sure that is what heaven will be like for you!! A stage with swift costume changes and donuts!! (Somebody was bound to replace the Krispie Kremes!!)

Post some of the baby Adam!

Let's get together when it's not so bloody hot!