I always get excited when I see school supplies being stocked in stores. 25 cent crayons send my heart racing. New backpacks, scissors, and brand new colored pencils call out to me. Once a teacher, always a teacher, I guess.
*Ben's school doesn't start until August 24th, so we still have a little time to play. We're headed to Phoenix on Sunday for a week - escaping the misery of humid afternoons in favor of mom's air conditioning. When we come back, it's back on the schooltime sleep schedule. Yeah!
*It's almost time for preschool to start! I have two classes this year: I'm teaching 5 three year olds (still room for one more), and 10 four year olds (with 1 on a waiting list!). I'm excited to meet the kids and have some fun! The first day of preschool is my birthday - which will make the first day a super celebration. I can't wait.
*Katee came to visit and we burned 50 cd's of the primary sacrament meeting program music. That's coming up soon, too!
*Due to an unexpected turn of events, Aaron is going to be spending some time on research, instead of maintaining the rigorous schedule he's been keeping. (Let's just say that the 80 hour work week seems like more of a suggestion...) We are hoping to make some additional home improvements. Nice. Ask and you shall receive.
*As soon as we get home from Phoenix, Aunt Sissy, Eli and Jacob are coming to visit. We are going to go to Carlsbad Caverns. I haven't been there before, and I'm really looking forward to it.
*September is going to be jam-packed full of adventures. Besides being back to schedules, school, and preschool, Heather and her family are coming to visit, we are going to Houston for Eli's baptism, Aaron is going to Phoenix for a 4 day conference, and my sister is coming home from Iraq!
It's going to be fantastic!
The Right Path...
9 years ago



1 comment:
WOW! you have a lot going on! Hope you enjoy it all- and enjoy the a/c of your moms home because it sure is hot in Phoenix!!!! We were just there for a baptism:) Enjoy the rest of your summer- Ours starts the 10th-major bummer!
Post a Comment