Aaron is going to study pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Primary Children's Hospital and Shriner's Hospital of Salt Lake City from February 1st to May 31st, 2011. And we're going with him! (Only because I can't bear the thought of being apart from him for 4 months.)
.
However, the thought of me and my desert rat children dealing with snow has recently sent me into some small panic attacks!
.
"When I was younger, we would wear our boots to school, and bring our shoes in our backpacks. We'd change shoes when we got to school, and repeat the whole thing when we went to recess."
.
Seriously?! This whole idea is so foreign!
.
My friends asked the other day if we had cold weather stuff. I said, "we have coats..." "But what about gloves, scarves, hats, snow pants, etc?" And therein begins my panic.
I don't want to invest in "good" stuff - we're only using it for 4 months - and by the time we could possibly ever use it again, the kids will have outgrown it.
Luckily, I have a guru of cold weather who moved her desert rat kiddos to the wilds of SLC a little over 2 years ago, who is a wealth of good advice. I would gratefully appreciate any advice on cold weather I can get! Do you have something to share? Knowledge is power!
.
I'm still a little nervous. Did I mention I've never driven in snow, either?



3 comments:
just wait til the plows go through and stock up on milk the day before the storm and you are good to go:)
You will be living at a higher elevation than I do so you may see more snow than the valley floor where I am at:) Really only snows through March so you will be cold but not frozen:)until May. You are the adventurous one...it will be o.k!
I saw snow fall once, Katelyn reminded me, it was when we drove home from seeing Jared off on his mission...... weird right? Good luck in the snow, I'm scared of it too!!!!
How exciting!!! You will love it! Maybe we will get to see you there. You never know when we make a quick trip!
Post a Comment