Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Ben!

As I sit and write this - at 1:12 am (Aaron's on call again), exactly 7 years ago, I was being sewn up, irritated that I didn't get a good look at my son before they put him into the bassinet and cleaned him up. Aaron was a mess - terrified that I had to have surgery, and thrilled to see his beautiful new boy. He got a C in Calculus that semester (which he got questioned about in med school interviews) because he stayed with me all week. We watched the Opening Ceremonies of the SLC Winter Olympics as we were leaving the hospital. I digress.



Ben is 7 today!


I have made the cake for his birthday party later tonight, and the cupcakes for his class today.

We are having a "Ben 10: Alien Force" party - and of course, there is no licenced party supplies for a Ben 10 party. So I am forced to be creative. Oy. All for the love of an amazingly talented, creative, a little spacey, bright kid who brings me joy every day since that day 7 years ago.


Happy Birthday Budda! Your mom loves you!


As I'm typing this, "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney is playing. *tears*

7 comments:

trublubyu said...

happy birthday to ben!

i love the memories of birth that a birthday conjures up.

if you were watching the opening ceremonies, that means i was in slc visiting the olympics during the first days of ben's life. wow, that was a long time ago.

seven- that is a huge year. i hope the party goes well. i am sure all your ben 10 decorations are amazing!

The McLemore's said...

making me read this and cry at work, not cool! I LOVE BEN SOOOO MUCH! He is the best kid I know and we miss him like crazy! I hope he has a super awesome party tonight because he deserves one!

Heidi said...

Hi Benny boy! Happy B-day! Your card is in the mail...I promise!!
Hope you have a great day and I'm sure your cupcakes are fabulous! You are more creative than any lisenced material you could find! Have a fun day!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to the Big Ben!!! Way to go dude!

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Ben!! I hope all you dreams come true!

Sandi and Curtis said...

Wow...seven years have gone fast! I remember when you were in the ward with a toddler!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Ben! I love the homemade decorations and games aren't they the best.