Friday, April 17, 2009

Regression

For the past few nights, due to her ear infection, 3 teeth coming in (resulting in a yucky cough), and general uncomfortable-ness, Audrey has been back in bed with us from midnight until morning. Otherwise, she is awake and yelling/crying at us.

Al, after a month or so of staying dry at night, wet her bed TWICE last night. I have a good deal of laundry to do.

Last week was hot. The house would be in the 80's in the afternoons. So Aaron spent the better part of Tuesday, a portion of Wednesday, and a good deal of this morning getting the cooler set up. The rust flakes being removed from the cooler on the roof flaked down into the air ducts and out into the whole house. All of my noble efforts expended on vacuuming the upstairs last weekend are decimated. On top of that, it was 45 degrees when I took Ben to school this morning. No need for the cooler yet, but the heater would have been nice while I was changing Al's sheets in the middle of the night.

Today, for every small step forward, I end up being thrown backwards. Frustrating.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I hope things are starting to go better. It can be so frustraiting when kids seem to regress, but hopefully it won't last. Good luck!

Heidi said...

sounds rotten. hope your week is going better. as dorie would say, "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." You can do it babe!