We went to Houston last weekend for Eli's baptism. My dear nephew was born only days before I watched the Twin Towers go down from my classroom, five months pregnant with Ben. I remember thinking, "What kind of world am I bringing this baby into?"
I digress...
After a disgustingly difficult Southwest flight, that did get us (and not our bags) into Houston 3 hours later than intended, we dealt with the rain and the mosquitos. My glasses kept fogging up as we went from the humidity to the air conditioning. Yuck. Eli's baptism and birthday party weren't until Saturday evening, so Aaron, Uncle Robbie, and Pawpaw took the kids (minus Audrey) on the boat and went fishing. It sprinkled the whole time - but no lightning. Alex caught two fish at one time! They also ended up catching some other sea life - a dog fish, an eel, and a stingray. (They threw them back, of course.)
The baptism was lovely, and went well. I was so proud to see my birthday buddy get dunked. :)
There were a few casualties of our trip. Nana and Pawpaw got a German Shepherd puppy early this summer - his name is Rocky. Rocky is going through a chewing phase. I was not warned about this prior to our trip, and despite our valiant efforts to keep doors shut - both Mickey and piggie lost part of an ear. Nana's careful suturing repaired most of the damage, but they will never be the same.
We got home quite easily on Monday morning, and are off to Phoenix for this next weekend to see Auntie Bekah and visit Grandma's house. I'm looking forward to sleeping in!



3 comments:
I love that Allie is fishing in a skirt as well as the miss-hap with the dog. I'm glad there were only minor losses rather then a total loss all together! Love you!
Glad you had fun and that a vacation to your mom's is really a vacation...lucky!
How fun..... what a great time for the kids :) It is so sweet to see them having such a fun time together!
Post a Comment