Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's 12:02 am here in El Paso...

and that means, officially, it's my birthday. I am now 33 years old.

I have been given some wonderful gifts in my life.

I have two terrific parents that gave me life. My dad was on an aircraft carrier when I was born, and my mom had to deal with her mom when she gave birth to me. Every year, Nannie's card tells me how excited she was to be there and welcome her first granddaughter into the world. I'm glad that I came into the world to people who loved me then, and still love me now.

I have the pleasure to being titled "big sister" to five amazing people. They each have distinct personalities and traits, and have made both good and bad choices in their lives. AND they dealt with those choices, other challenges and obstacles, and ended up being responsible human beings. I am grateful that I have their examples. I am grateful to see their courage and strength. I am grateful that they have loved me - and I KNOW that they LOVE me - in spite of and because of my choices.

I am so blessed to be called "mom" by three of the most precious souls our Father in Heaven created.

I have the honor of standing beside the most tremendous man who calls me his wife. He is everything to me, and I often feel unworthy of his adoration.

I have wonderful family and friends.

...

In the past few days, I have thought about the significance of 33. Earlier this year, my sister-in-law died only a few weeks after reaching 33. Our Savior was 33 when he was crucified. I have wondered about my 33 years. Certainly, I have not had such an impact as the Savior of the World. But have I done my part? How much longer do I have to accomplish all that I want to? Holy cow, I am getting old. Where did all of those years go?

...

I start preschool tomorrow, so I'm headed to bed. Thanks for reading. It's nice to know that someone cares about what I think.
Happy Birthday to me. ☺

8 comments:

Jessica said...

happy birthday!

Jessica said...

happy birthday! i'm turning 30 this year and am wondering where all the years are going too.

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday!! 33 will be great!

The McLemore's said...

Happy Birthday and you are an amazing example and I do look up to you ever day. I love you!

Heidi said...

WOW! What a fantastic post. It only gets better. Hope you have a wonderful Birthday. Thank you for sharing.

trublubyu said...

total happy birthday to you!

sweet post on gifts. you are truly blessed. wonderful family. and you are a gift in all our lives as well.

i hope your 34th year is amazing.

Elizabeth said...

I am a slacker at checking my blogs to see who has updated soooo.......Happy Birthday LATE! Mine is in a few weeks so I will be right there with you in the good ol' 33 department! Sure hope your day was special- you deserve it!!

Sandi and Curtis said...

Sorry I missed your actual birthday day...But Happy Belated! My dad was in Japan during the Korean War when I was born and I am the oldest of 4! That was very interesting about all the different 33 year olds. I loved your blessings!