Monday, November 16, 2009

One Day at at Time

The past few weeks have been a little crazy around here. Aaron is working 80 to 100 hours a week; sleeping intermittantly, trying to spend as much time as possible with me and the kids, and getting sick (although he still won't admit it). I am trying to keep the house in order, teaching preschool, and maintaining the schedules of three young children.
You know.
The usual.
.
But we have had a few projects in the works.
This is the "Before" picture of our Master Bathroom. Well, kind of. At this point we had already primered the walls, replaced the ugly single light fixture, and cut down the large, short mirror to two taller ones. After saving my preschool pennies, we hired a contractor to replace the vanity and the tile.
And this is the after! Granite top, oil-rubbed bronze faucets, and new tile! I love it!!! I still need to paint the walls (well, figure out what color to paint first... suggestions?). HGTV says that bathrooms are a good investment for resale. Hopefully, we will get the most "Bang for our Buck!"

Audrey has been beastly about sleeping. Again. The other night, I was exhausted, Aaron got home late, and we both were not in the mood to deal with a little girl who was out of bed for the fourth time. She was tired, I figured that she would just crash somewhere, and I'd put her in her bed later. Well, when Aaron and I peeled ourselves off the couch around 10:30 and headed upstairs, this is what we found in our bed.
The little booger runs the place, and makes sure everyone else knows it. Oy.
.
This past weekend, Aaron was heavily involved with his yearly residency exam, so the kiddos and I had to find something to do. There was an event at the Outlet mall called "Touch a Truck" and it was a fundraiser for a local child crisis center. They got volunteers to donate their time and their vehicles, and for $2 the kids got to climb in/press buttons/pretend to drive. It was awesome.
Alex and the T-Wrecks wrecker.
Al and Luke in the Bobcat digger-thingy. It made a loud beep when you pressed a button on the handle - they loved it.
Audrey ran off, I chased her, and she tried to climb right into the Border Patrol helicopter. About 5 minutes later, they cleared the perimeter and took off about 30 feet away from us. So cool!

Ben was enthralled with the police car. (You can't see it, but both of his sisters are in the backseat.) I told all three that this better be the last time they were in a police car!
.
SO ... that's what I've been up to. We're headed to Phoenix for Thanksgiving and we're excited to spend time with my fam and go to the temple! Maybe get some Christmas shopping in while Aaron can actually go. It's going to be a busy holiday season!

2 comments:

The McLemore's said...

I can't wait to see you and those Turkeys at thanksgiving!!! Audrey is such a terd, I love her to death!!!

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the new vanity! Yoiu have very good taste and I am sure it will all pay off. My suggestion for color is to find the accessories you like and then find a color that blends.... right now blues and browns are all the rave:)