Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sarah See and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day by me

This morning, Sarah woke up to find the world covered in white. It was snow! Beautiful, marvelous snow! Sarah was very excited, so she grabbed her robe and her boots and ran outside. She built a tiny snowman, and threw a snowball at her husband who was trying to uncover his car to go to work. Sarah was happy.
By the time her husband had left, and Sarah had come inside, it was almost time for the three darling angels to wake up. Sarah looked up online and found that Ben's school was delaying opening until 10:15 am! Woohoo! An easy morning!
Alas, not so. Sarah pondered what to do about the preschool class that was coming at 9 am. Hmmm. She waited until 7:30 and called a friend to ask if Ben could have a ride.
"Nope! We're walking!" was the swift response from the neighbor down the street. I think life would be easier in the Bahamas.
Sarah proceeded to call the preschool parents to let them know that today's class was rescheduled until tomorrow. It was well received.
Sarah made hot chocolate to go along with the fruit loops and oatmeal for breakfast. What a fun treat!
Did you know that Fruit Loops turn their milk grayish blue? It wasn't long before the youngest little angel had covered her tray in said milk. Yuck.
The jeans in the dryer aren't dry. Not time to get dressed yet, she supposes.
Kids start begging to watch a show, but the beautiful wet mess has caused the dish to not pick up a signal. So - we pick out a movie.
Audrey doesn't like the movie, and uses this opportunity to climb. Are moms used as jungle gyms in the Bahamas?
The cell phone is beeping. Where is that charger?
After a few minutes of distraction, Sarah manages to drift off to sleep in the chair. At last - a quick trip to the Bahamas!
*front door slam*
"Mom! Audrey and Ben are outside!"
"Mom! It's time for me to go to school!"
"Mom! I go peepee potty!"
"Mom! I need a lunch!"
"Mom! Where are my jeans?"
"Mom! I firsty!"
Sarah, in a panic, makes a pb&j, throws Alex some jeans, and hands Audrey a glass of water - only to have her drop it.
The glass shatters on the floor.
I quit. I'm moving to the Bahamas.
.
.
.
The boy got to school a little late.
The cell phone charger was found.
The little one is asleep in the high chair.
And it's time for preschool.

The End. ( I realize that this writing could have been more masterful. However, it's been one of those days. Deal.)

2 comments:

The McLemore's said...

ah the joys of being a mother.... things to look forward too.... I love you!!! Wish I could make a snowman outside!

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness...you had a case of the mom's...no one appreciates this narrative like a mom...you are doing great and it sounds like my day today. hang in there.