Kids are honest.
.
I am 12 weeks pregnant with kiddo #4. Thanks, we're excited.
.
We have been deliberately not telling our children. There's so much that can happen in the first trimester, and 40 weeks is a really long time.
But with almost all of the adults around us knowing, I've been worried about someone slipping up and spilling the beans. And, with it being #4, it's becoming more and more obvious. (Although, I doubt that the kids actually notice my size... not yet anyway, but I'm noticing!)
So we told them tonight.
.
Audrey said, "I get to be a big sister!"
.
Al started rubbing my tummy.
.
Ben said, "I think you're joking."
We assured him that wasn't the case. He started to cry. He was trying to be strong for a minute, but it wasn't working. After a gentle "What's the matter, Budda?" - and a bit more crying, he asked, "Why?"
"Ben, Dad and I prayed about it and we just felt like our family wasn't complete."
He covered his head with his blanket.
Finally, "I just thought our family WAS complete."
.
I hope he gets used to it by December.
:(



6 comments:
poor kid. i think he's afraid of another sister. we're not. :) love that boy and know that he is a super-d-duper biggest brother.
Poor Ben, I can't believe you are doing this to him!!! Just kidding!
PS I really hope he gets a baby brother! Give him kisses for me, love that kid!!!!
Poor Ben! I know exactly how he feels. I was so upset when Katee was born I already had 3 sisters.
Congrats! Hope all goes well for you.
congratulations! that is awesome!
Congrats Sarah! I am sure that Ben will get use to it by then :-) I am sure he will be a great big brother no matter if it's a baby brother or sister. Hoping for a boy :-)
Post a Comment