Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Texas is funny


Really funny.

I've known this for a while, but our trip across it (3 1/2 hours one day, 11 the next) confirmed it. Here is why:









I've been to several states - not all of them, mind you - but only in Texas have I gotten to eat a waffle in the shape of the state.











Many cities in Texas have names "stolen" from other places: Paris, Moscow, Pasadena, Iran, San Diego, etc.
But this one made me feel so much better.
If it weren't in the middle of NOWHERE,
I would love to live in Comfort.

That's all for now. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

texas is funny. i think we've been telling you this for years, so i'm glad that you agree.

um, and that waffle looks good.

Elizabeth said...

Hilarious!!!! After our extremely LONG trip across Texas for Thanksgiving, I can totally related to "the middle of nowhere". I have decided that the requirements for being a town in Texas are a Dairy Queen, a Sonic, a HUGE Baptist church and of course, The Football Field (I capitalized it for the reverence in which they behold their football). It was a lot of time in the car through some seriously interesting country :) Glad you found some "Comfort" in your trek!

trublubyu said...

texas is truly unique. and texans are all about texas.