I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging.
But I've gotten to see this little chronicle of me grow for the past 8 months, and it's been wonderful. I'm using it as a journal of sorts, and this is a point that I reach in all of my journals. Trying to recap all the craziness that has been the last couple of weeks, without it dragging on, just so I can get back into the swing of posting. So here's where I am.
Christmas was wonderful. The kids were thrilled with their gifts - thank you to everyone! Here are some highlights. 
My parents got Ben a Nintendo DS. Santa brought him games and the accessory kit. Because Santa and grandmas/grandpas are good friends - they talk all the time.
Allie got a Big Wheel from my parents. She fell in love with it, and rode it around the house for days. Santa brought Alex a set of 7 princess Barbies. She took the crowns and shoes off in seconds.
Santa also brought Ben an Indiana Jones Whip that makes noise. Totally a hit at our house.
Santa brought Audrey her own swing to go on the swingset that was Nana and PawPaw's present.Yes, our children are spoiled by everyone. We are blessed with loving and generous parents and siblings!
On Christmas night, we got in the car and drove to Houston. The kids slept until San Antonio, and remarkably, Aaron and I weren't zombies when we arrived. The kids got to play with their cousins, Aaron and I got to go to the temple, and we had a nice visit. We stayed at Jessica's newly remodeled home.
In case you were wondering, Aaron's parents house is still a work in progress. They are living in the garage apartment, while restoring/remodeling the house. The exterior walls are there, the roof is there, but there is no drywall on many of the walls. No furniture, no flooring. It's going to be a lot of work.
On a sadder note, Bobbie Jo had been sick for a while with what she thought was the flu, and asked Aaron to check her out when we got there. He felt that her spleen was huge and encouraged her to get it checked out. She went to the hospital later that day, and after numerous blood transfusions, test, bone marrow biopsies, etc. The diagnosis is that she has T-cell lymphoma (cancer of the lymph nodes) and will begin chemotherapy today. With treatment, the prognosis is good, and Bobbie Jo is stubborn enough to fight anything. We love her - please keep her in your prayers.
I can't get any more pictures to upload for now. Frustrating. More later. Glad to be back.



3 comments:
you are funny- thanks for the post. i have a very bad computer habit when my tv is showing nothing but the same episodes of tom and jerry that we watched last week... but hey, the five year old is entertained during naptime, right?!
jenna is very jealous of audrey's swing- can she come play? dave was trying to plan a long weekend in el paso for memorial day weekend (he got the friday before and the tuesday after off) when i interrupted to inform him that we would have a newborn and he would still be on paternity leave, and that i would not want to ride in a car for 6 hours a week after having a baby. silly husband. love you! thanks for FINALLY commenting on my blog :)
Wow- what a fun Christmas you all had! I love Alex's big wheel- Ainslie has to settle for driving McKyrie's old one:) Oh the joy of being the younger sister! Can't wait to see more pictures!!
It was good to hear from you. I am sorry to haer about your friend/relative. Alex looks so cute on her big wheel. I had one of those when I was little.
Post a Comment