they left. This morning, early.
All the furniture in the front yard. And, despite the water, people kept driving up saying, "Ya'll having a garage sale?" Sheesh.
A sign in the neighborhood tore up by the wind. So right now, the house does not have power, and is pretty much uninhabitable. As they were checking out the drywall in the walls, some of the outside bricks were falling through. Oy. It's going to be a long process. On one hand, that's no fun, and all of the accumulated "stuff" is gone - leaving only the memories attached. On the other hand, I just keep seeing in my head Pawpaw's smiling face as he got to throw out all of mom's accumulated "stuff!"
Anyway, Ike's TV coverage is over, but for the families whose houses were destroyed, it's an everyday thought. If you happen to think about it, remember those families in your prayers. Thanks. :)



6 comments:
How sad. Are these relatives of yours that suffered the damage?
These are pics of Aaron's family's home - sorry I didn't specify.
So, so SO sad. Natural and disastrous. I'm so glad that they are o.k. "stuff" can be replaced, they are just things but I do understand the disruption part of it. I hope they can get things back to normal soon. Our prayers will be for them.
wow, why do things impact us more when we actually have a connection to the event? we are praying for your fam. i am so glad they are all safe.
So glad to hear that they are safe even if their stuff isn't! Makes you think about all of the stuff we accummulate that we don't need- hope they can get back to a "normal" life soon- whatever that may be :)
Wow! My father-in-law drives through alot of Texas and has said the pic's are nothing compared to seeing it all first hand. Our prayers go out to them all.
Post a Comment