Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike's effects

So... we've had a busy day! Yesterday, we really didn't know what was going to happen, and we're still not sure about alot of things, BUT... here's what happened.
Aaron and I have been in contact with his family alot this weekend. They evacuated the hurricane to San Angelo, a po-dunk town in the middle of Texas. They were safe through the storm, and now - what do they do? They have friends and some family members who stayed behind, but because Seabrook is off-limits, they really don't know how much damage there was to their house, etc. Peanut got word from her roommate that they have power at her apartment. Big Jared B stayed in Houston and spent the day working and cutting up downed trees. But how long until power is restored? How long until schools open again? Are the houses still standing? Only time will tell.
We offered to let whoever wanted to, stay. We drove 3 1/2 hours to Ft. Stockton to see everyone, and trade off. Nana, Jared, and Lucky have come to stay at our house for a while. We're glad to help them, and give them a dry home. The rest of the family is headed back tomorrow to see what's left. Either way, they'll be okay.
We had a fun little visit to this little restaurant in Ft. Stockton. They serve the Big Chief Sitting Bull CheeseBurger - $21.95 - with 5 pounds of meat. It was yummy, and ENORMOUS. The kids had a great time playing together. Check out the slide show - it's a little long - but cute.

4 comments:

The McLemore's said...

Allie is starting to look like a big girl, her baby face seems to be fadding away. I miss our kids.... I'm glad everyone is alright. I can't believe a cat is living at your house, yuck!

trublubyu said...

i am glad to hear everyone is safe. i hope all homes are intact and with none to minor damage.

and that is one huge burger. fun.

Carolyn said...

That is one big burger. It kind of reminds me of a place called Big Judds that was up at Ricks. It only had a burger with one pound or two pounds! I am glad that your family is ok.

Heidi said...

K so I would've read this MUCH earlier but I was up late and Brandon had gone to sleep about 30 minutes before I clicked to get your updates (Master bedroom doubles as an office now) Anyways Mr. Walsh had left his speakers on the same volume as 11 while he was on earlier so when I went to watch this it BLARED through the speakers and I heard him jump straight out of bed and absolutely POUND his alarm clock out of a dead sleep. He thought that it was his clock. Oh I couldn't hit close fast enough to turn the dumb thing off because I didn't know the volume control was on the side of the speakers themselves. It was so funny. To me:) Tee hee.

Oh the humanity and the moos coming off of that table. Good to know that yes, everything is BIGGER in Tejas!

I'm glad to see everyone smiling and safe. Thoughts and prayers with all of them.

Love you!