Saturday, September 13, 2008

Say a little prayer...

Friday - I'm up late tonight - trying to finish a project that I should have taken care of a while ago - and watching The Weather Channel cover Hurricane Ike. Mike Bettes, a meteorologist, is braodcasting from the top of Nassau Bay, at the Hilton - across from Space Center Boulevard. I know this area so well - I lived there for three years; taught there, got married there, had my son there, and we go to visit my in-laws there still. They are getting the brunt of this storm right now. Although my family is safely evacuated, we all are worried about the condition of their houses when they return. 100+ mph winds really do a lot of damage. The eye of the storm should be moving through now...
If you get a moment, pray for the safety of their homes. Thanks, I'll keep you posted.
Today - they are pretty sure that their house got water. The city of Seabrook is shut down - no electricity, no water, no one in - until they make sure it's safe. Aaron's mom is going to stay with us for a while. Aaron's dad is going to head back later this week to assess the damage. We'll see.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wow, it is crazy how fast our daily lives can change in an instant. I will be thinking about you and hope Aaron's family is ok.