Monday, January 26, 2009

In case you were wondering, my mom is here!

Aaron is out of town for the week. He is playing Army games in San Antonio. (Really, he is doing training about combat trauma and advanced trauma life support, freezing his butt off, and having to eat MRE's - but I like to think that he's enjoying his vacation. I'm mean that way.)

When I found out about this training, I did what every self-respecting girl does - I called my mom to complain that I had to be a parent all alone FOR A WHOLE WEEK. I am just so blessed to have a mom that has a job that really doesn't need her right now, and allows her to fly for free. Yeah! So mom is here. Yeah!

We went to the outlet mall and spent lots of money - getting fantastic deals the whole time! We found darling shirts and jeans at Gymboree - $1.99!!! I think I spent $16 for 6 items - and if you've ever gone into a Gymboree - you know why that is super exciting. We went into the Crocs store adn I got Alex 2 pair of alice crocs for $15. I found a Coach purse for $100 - smokin' - and I have my anniversary/birthday present. (Actually, I told Aaron that I earned the purse for him being gone. He said, "Heaven help us if I ever get deployed!") Mom found cute clothes for nieces. It's exciting to find something dramatically marked down! If you happen to visit El Paso, stop by the outlet mall here. Give me a call, I'll go too!

Seriously, my amiga Emily and I joined the gym to avoid the outlet mall. It's great deals, but after a while - you are still spending too much money. Mom's favorite hobby is finding a good deal; so when mom comes to visit, it's the place to go.

Ramblings on a late night. I miss Aaron. :)

3 comments:

trublubyu said...

congrats on all the great deals. i love a good bargain.

have a great time with your mom.

Elizabeth said...

ENJOY!!!! I love it when my mom visits- you are such a lucky lady!

Heidi said...

I'm sending you twenty bucks some day so you can shop for me! GREAT deals!

I'm sorry you miss your honey. I hope it has gone by fast. You are blessed you have a mom who can help you.
Hugs!