Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ups and Downs

Greetings from Houston!
This last couple of days has been full of ups and downs.
Up
Finally making a decision to leave for Houston.
Down
Driving 7 hours to get to Phoenix to leave our children in the capable hands of my mom.
Up
Not having to drive to Houston! Mom was able to get us passes to fly discount.
Down
Arriving at 11:30, and going straight to the hospital, on our anniversary.
Up
Getting to spend time with Becky and eating at Dot's diner at 3 am.
Down
Seeing how Bobbie Jo is doing, the pain she's in, and how this disease has attacked her body.
Up
Getting to see Aaron's friends, Caleb and Jared. I miss those guys!
Down
Knowing that Audrey is sick in Phoenix, and my mom had to take her to urgent care last night. She is coughing alot, running a fever, and lethargic. They ran a chest xray and gave her some antibiotics, and my mom is taking care of her and I know she'll be fine - but it sucks for your baby to be sick and not be able to have her mommy. :(
Up
Bobbie Jo's white counts have gone up - she was able to make her own white blood cells.
Down
This fungal infection is extensive and opportunistic. The anti-fungal drugs are slowing the growth, but the only way to "fix" it is to do surgery. She's not in any condition for surgery.
I'm getting tired of the roller coaster.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Dah-ling, hang in there! I hope you can be strong and keep up your morale. I hope your baby girl gets better quick. That stinks she waited til you were gone to get sick! When do you head back?

Holly:) said...

Down

We miss you.

Savanna and mommy

Elizabeth said...

Rough couple of days there Sarah! Keep your chin up and try to focus on the "ups". Even though kids get sick, grandma's are the next best thing to mom-hope she recovers quickly!!

trublubyu said...

sometimes roller coasters just make you sick, don't they. i hope everything is an uphill ride for a bit.

make sure you get a nice prescription of chocolate from the doc!

Jessica Ochoa said...

I really thought I might be one of the ups in your Houston trip?? Oh well -