Thursday, July 24, 2008

Done.

I don't know if it's because she's teething, or because her legs hurt from immunizations yesterday, or because she just wanted to see how insane she could make me today, but it worked. I'm done.

Seriously, today is a day that I wish I was back to dealing with 120 teenagers in class as opposed to being a stay-at-home mom. Today is the day that I'm almost ready to tell Aaron that a vasectomy might be a good idea. Thank goodness that today is almost over.

I love my children. I love spending time with them, and taking care of them. I love all the stupid stuff - like watching Aud scoot across the floor, fixing Al's hair, or watching Ben play with his action figures and create a full plot line.

But there are some days - like today -
Al decided that all of her toys, and shoes, and baking stuff needed to be on the floor today.
I think Audrey's longest nap was about 20 minutes. The rest of the time - she was fussing and squealing. All day.
Ben threw up in the movies with Nana and Papa this morning.
It's been about 10 days since I have mopped the floor.
I have no more clean bras. None.
Ben wore jeans today. With his sandals. It was hot.
We had rice with dinner. It's all over the floor.

I'm going to sweep the floor and go to bed.
After all, "Tomorrow is another day!"

Ugg.

1 comment:

Me said...

Thanks for the honest post! I too have many days like that... My mother always says this obvious statement whenever I have a bad day so I will bore you with it now...
If you didn't have any bad days then you wouldn't know when your having a good one... Thanks Mom...

I prefer this one..."All Sunshine makes a desert"