Okay, we're in, but the house is not ours. We are still waiting to close. The mortgage brokerage that we've been working with SINCE MAY is taking forever, and we are a week late closing. Hopefully, it will be ready for tomorrow. Seriously, I think that Aaron and I are in agreement that we are never going with a "small-time" lender again. UGG. The whole thing has been a nightmare.
So being in the house now has led to some interesting revelations.
- Ben is more able to ignore me with a two-story house.
- Alex likes to climb too much. We had some old cheap bookcases that were damaged in the move. We had them up in the loft, until we were able to take them out of the house. Alex thought it would be fun to climb on them. It was fun, until the bookcase fell on her. She's fine, but she has a swollen, bruised hand. Thank goodness for a doctor daddy, mommy kisses, and Dora bandaids.
- El Paso had only about 4 English language channels on standard, antenna TV. So we had cable installed today. The kids didn't move from the couch for an hour and a half.
- Audrey can sit up! This is great, except that it's a new skill, and she still falls. And we have ceramic tile floors.
- For some reason, the builder didn't think that storage was important. We have no linen closet, no garbage disposal, and no pantry. I have no idea where I am going to put my sheets.
- I need furniture. We went from one living area to three. Maybe I'll take a cue from Heidi and keep my front room empty (after all the boxes are out, of course!) for a preschool classroom. But I have my eye on a sage green loveseat and two chairs with ottomans from Sam's...
- It sucks to not have internet! I was disconnected for 5 days. It was a little painful.
It's good to be back. Time to go fold laundry and go to bed. Aaron's on call tonight, so I think I'll sleep in the middle of the bed. :)



2 comments:
http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/
this is my advice on shopping- I LOVE craigslist! and El Paso has one! yippee! It's like an online yard sale, and when you are looking for stuff that you don't really have to have... i have found some really great deals. Have fun! Are you ready for visitors... they are coming!
I'm sorry about Allie's hand and I hope Audrey doesn't hurt her head on the floor. I can't wait to see the house, and serious what were they thinking not having a pantry or linen closet....?
Post a Comment