Aaron's parents are here! This is super great, because Aaron and Pawpaw are going to make some improvements to our house! Yeah! We went shopping at Lowe's and Home Depot on Saturday and this week we are fixing the following:
1. We are getting a new sink - with a garbage disposal. I can't believe that the people we bought the house from lived without one! And the old sink is pretty flimsy.
2. All the toilets in our house are very short, round bowls. We would love to replace all of them, but really - they work. However, the master bath is getting a super flushing, chair height toilet. It will be a throne fit for a king! (heehee)
3. The light in the laundry room that gets hit by the cabinet every time you open the cabinet - it's moving.
4. Several of the air registers are stuck closed. We got new ones!
5. The kitchen is getting GFCI outlets. Safety first. :)
6. We are putting in some sliding drawers to make some food storage within the bottom shelves. It's the closest thing to a pantry I'm going to have until we decide to make some major renovations.
7. STORAGE!!! Dad is building a linen closet. Hallelujah!
We have our work cut out for us. I'll post the before and after pictures in a couple of days. I can't wait!
The Right Path...
9 years ago



4 comments:
yippee! i love home improvement- but even more when someone else is doing/ paying for it!
What a blessing to have handy men in your life!! Yeah, I hope all the hard works helps you settle in even more! Thanks for Malia's B-day present, she loved it and just kept talking about you and Alex!! We miss you guys!
I am so freaking excited for you and new closet, that is a big deal! I can't wait to see the house!!!
Yeah closets. New houses lots to keep you busy.
Post a Comment