Two weeks in the house and we have already had lots of visitors. The first week, Auntie Bekah brought our Jeannie-dog back to us. She also brought Auntie Katee, Uncle Richard, Rich-Rich, and Abby. We had fun and did fireworks, but the camera's batteries were dead. :(
This weekend, Grandma and Grandpa came to visit. They just got a Wii, so they brought a controller to transfer all the cool Mii's I made for people on our Wii. Ben was the first to realize that since they brought an extra controller, we could play 3 player on Mario Kart. VERY EXCITING!!! We didn't do too much, but it was a fun weekend. We love it when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit!!! Now, if only they could bring their air-conditioning & their pool!
On a sad, and ironic note, my brother and my sisters will remember dad's old big screen tv. Several years ago, it had been retired to being the game tv, and was moved to the big room upstairs. My parents gave it to us, before we moved to become our game tv for the Wii. We had a couple of brethern from the ward help gingerly move it downstairs and over to our house for the moving men to transport to El Paso. It arrived here unscathed and was placed in it's new home - our loft. My parents were here, and played Wii on it with the kids on Saturday. After church on Sunday, we went to go play, and the tv would not turn on. Dad took the back off, and he and Aaron fiddled with it - to no avail. I'm trying to find someone who knows tvs a little - I think it's just a power cord problem - but in the meantime...
RIP
Dad's old TV
You saw years of public broadcasting, and in your advanced years, more gaming than most. From Dr. Mario to Grand Theft Auto, Lego Star Wars to Tetris, you were loved.
We apologize for the threatening language, the cursing, and even more cursing.
You will be missed.
(A moment of silence, please.)



3 comments:
I am so glad mom and dad bought a Wii! that is the coolest!
And I hold your family personally responsible for killing the tv. How dare you! Please let us know if the Dr. can save it.
I would like to honor that moment of silence with a thought from Master Chief "I slayed many Arbitors with you on "dad's old TV", I will greatly miss our time together.... You will forever be remembered".......
It worked when I was there, I blame the backyardagains. Tetris was the best when we finally convinced Dad to let us use it or the years we used it when he was gone.
RIP
Post a Comment