Monday, July 14, 2008

Audrey's rebellion

I forgot about this with everyone visiting...

So Friday night, I had a babysitter! This is mondo-exciting because our last ward had no babysitters, and this one has a bunch! Anyways, I had mopped the whole downstairs - definitly needed to be done - and worked my butt off trying to make sure all my ducks were in a row to have a nice night away from my children and with my husband. I planned enough time to take a shower and blow dry my hair - which I never get to do - this was a big deal. Alone time for the first time in like 5 weeks.
We picked up McD's for the kids, and I fed Audrey. I picked up Amanda and we were set. Aaron and I went to this Mexican place that we've been wanting to try for a while. It was a nice dinner. We got done in an hour, and were headed out to go shopping for a little while - when the phone rang. Before she could even speak, I could hear Audrey hysterical in the background.
"Umm, Sister See, this is Amanda, I'm sorry to call you but umm... your daughter has been screaming for the last half hour. She won't take a bottle, or her pacifier..."

Seriously, I was mortified on many levels. We went home, and as soon as I took her, my dear, darling Audrey calmed down. I handed her off to Aaron, just so I could go to the bathrooom, and she screamed. Maybe I should feel flattered that she loves her mom so much. But that doesn't outweigh the fact that she totally ruined my evening. I don't ask for much alone time. I don't ignore her. I don't let her just sit there and cry. I have gotten fairly adept at doing just about everything during they day with Audrey in my arms, or at the very least, in my sightline.

Ugg. Sometimes being a mom sucks. When she can talk, I am going to demand an apology.

4 comments:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I know our mom doesn't like it when we call the kids this but... seriously.... what a turd burgerlar! Jenna does the same thing at times- moma's girls- shezze! Dave says I just need to be mean to her, and she will stop liking her so much. You could try that? Good luck.

Jessica Ochoa said...

Well, it could be worse..... She could scream and then puke! Gotta love it! Kudos to you for being so patient!!

Stacy said...

she must realy like in on your hip. she is partial to yours and doesn't like the babysitter's.
I am sorry mainly because my kid is mostly fine as long as she can't see me.. I get there and she throws a fit for mommy... grrr. 1 yr olds. can't they same their fits for the baby sitter.

Oh and to comment on your previous post, I vote leave the living room empty. send the kids in there to run some energy off when it is too hot out side :o)

Me said...

do you check your email more or your blog... call me we can chat about renting your house out!